The Big Fat Cherry Company is a small family owned and operated orchard located in Ripponvale, Cromwell, Central Otago.
We specialise in bringing export quality cherries to the local market. So if you are after premium quality cherries normally only seen leaving the country, then we are the people to contact.
You can purchase our "Big Fat Cherries" from us over the Christmas and New Year period at the following locations
There are no gate sales
- Christchurch - Chinese Methodist Church, corner of Papanui Road and Rugby Street, Merivale
- Unfortunately our Christchurch site isn't operating this year (2018/19). Mary (our Mother/In Law) has retired!
- Dunedin - Otago Farmers Market - Dunedin Railway Station (Saturday mornings)
- The season for us is running a little late so our first market (hopefully) will be Saturday 22nd December 2018. Apologies we are unable to take pre-orders for this market.
- Mail Order - Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details should you wish to send cherries throughout NZ.
- At this early stage its looking as if there is a limited supply of ripe cherries before Xmas. If you have been a customer of ours for some time - you will know we only mail order the best cherries we grow - this year with the wet and cold weather still around we have made the decision to halt any further mail order requests until the New Year. Apologies to all our loyal customers - this is the first time in 16 years we have had to do this.
Please contact us at email@example.com or phone Liane on 03 445 1049 and if urgent Boyd on 021 998 668